Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom

Happy Birthday Mom,

Tomorrow will be your first birthday since the day you died. Two days later will be the first anniversary of your death. I still miss you terribly, and not a day goes by that I don't try to pick up the phone to give you a call and tell you something funny, ask your advice, or just see how you're doing.

I had to go to a funeral yesterday. A family friend had committed suicide. When I was listening to his family speak of him, I remembered my efforts to speak of you at your funeral. I'm sorry I didn't do very well, but I tried...and that was usually good enough for you.

I'm watching my girls grow up and watch their accomplishments with a level of awe that until recently was reserved for events such as when Moses spoke with a burning bush.

Anyway Ma, happy birthday.

I love you,

Dennis

1 Comments:

Blogger Coffee Joe said...

When those who've gone are brought to mind
And when we see them in our day
And when we think that they would love
To hear some thing that we did see,
We give them honour from our hearts
And words that could not find their way
Make it out as we do mourn
And find the dead we hope and pray.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home