Monday, September 19, 2005

True Colors

America has many friends. Throughout the world, we've had people step up to the plate to help out in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Two countries very specifically stand out to me on this subject:

Kuwait and Qatar.

Kuwait gave $500,000,000 to help the victims of this disaster. What that says to me is that they are a true friend. Five hundred million dollars is no mere token of appreciation. That is a lot of money no matter who you are and how much you have.

Qatar gave $100,000,000. Again, this is not chump change. This is not some mere trifiling amount. This too is a lot of money, no matter who you are and how much you have.

I don't know if this money was requested by our government or not. I don't care if this money was requested by our government or not. What I see is a genuine outreach from two of our true allies.

To the people of Kuwait and Qatar, we of America thank you for your generous gifts and appreciate the spirit of brotherhood and genuine goodwill in which they were presented. As much as you remember your allies, we remember ours.

As my Muslim friends in college taught me to say...

Salam Alaikum,

Bartleby

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Fiat dealerships land rover discovery e door handle

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home