Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Supreme Court

I have been considering the basis of many of the decisions of the Supreme Court of late, and have realized the fundamental problem I have with most of the justices thereon.

They have seemingly reached the conclusion that The Constitution derives its power from them and from their decisions. This is, at best, erroneous and stupid, and at worst criminal. All of their power is derived from The Constitution and all of the Constitution's power is derived from the People. I think that until our government realizes this, there is going to be a significant disconnect between them and what they do and We the People, and what we appreciate.

So, to quote Clarence Thomas; "Something has gone seriously awry with this court's interpretation of the Constitution."

-Bart

1 Comments:

Blogger Difster said...

Bartlby,

I was going through my old blog posts and comments and I ran across a couple of yours so I thought I'd see if you're still blogging.

Glad to see you're still at it!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home