Monday, July 18, 2005

Guns

I've started saving for my MAC-10 submachine gun and have gotten a lot of complaints from some people I know who found out about it. Their complaints are:

  • You don't need a machine gun!
  • That should be illegal!
  • The Constitution doesn't say you can have that!
  • You're going to kill someone with that and go to jail!
  • All people who want guns like that are criminals!

What is it with Democrats (and in some cases, Republicans) anyway? Any time they don't like something, it equates to others not being allowed to have or do it. That includes weapons, ideas, speech, behaviors, and many other things.

Something that apparently needs to be spelled out to the people of the world:

You are not owed a life free of insult or offense! If I want to be a rude cretin, I'm perfectly allowed to be one! That includes a desire to be a small minded bigot, a sexist, a religious zealot, an anti-religious zealot, a person who hates particular religions, a person who hates particular races, or a person who hates just you! I can do any of those things and can spew my hatred and spite as much as I like, so long as I do not push you, hit you, impinge on your property rights, or otherwise invade on your existing rights in some way (among which is NOT a right to be free from offense).

So please liberals - grow up - accept that life is not perfect. Accept that some people will be jerks. Accept that some people simply do not desire to work with others. Accept that you cannot legislate courtesy (God knows liberals don't use any!).

Bartleby

1 Comments:

Blogger Bartleby said...

Re: Not being offended - tell me about it. PC activists want everyone to be happy and hold hands. Me? I think it'd be great if everyone was happy, but that doesn't mean I should be restricted by power of law (including lawsuits) to limiting my speech or behavior.

Powder is dry - buying bullets and guns against the need of their use.

Bartleby

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home